As well as offering in-house tool design and product design capabilities, PEP has its own fully-equipped toolroom, delivering a comprehensive service from initial design evaluation through to new tool manufacture and on-going tool maintenance and service.
Our in-house tool manufacturing range currently covers:
- Single impression to 96 impression tools
- Hot runner tools from 1 to 32 impression.
- Unscrewing tools
- 2 shot tools
- Insert moulding tools
- Prototype tools (P20 and fully hardened)
- Family tooling
Project management is the key to the whole in-house tooling process,
incorporating services such as:
- Design evaluation and review
- Design FMEA
- In-house tool design
- In-house product design capability
- Progress reports
- In-house tool trialling
- Tool optimisation and validation
- Tool transfer
- Full dimensional ISIR
- PPAP Levels 1-3
- In-house maintenance and servicing
- Ability to take on transfer tooling packages
Working alongside our CAD design stations and the ability to receive, handle and manipulate 3D component data, PEP’s in-house tooling service means we can consistently deliver the rapid response times and competitive pricing that all customers require. In addition, our in-house tooling expertise means we are able to reliably source certain tools from the Far East if required, giving customers the potential to further drive down costs without comprising quality and delivery.