We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to support our engineering function within the business. Reporting to the Engineering Manager the main purpose of the role is to project manage contracts won by PEP, from order receipt to production handover.
The role will involve participation in all major functions relating to Sales Quote Generation, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Design FMEA, Project Management, Product Validation and Production Handover for all contracts won by PEP.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- To generate tooling quotations and component quotations to review stage for all new enquiries received by PEP when required.
- To liaise with Toolmakers/Designers as regards quote requests for new tools, modifications to new and existing tools and any queries in relation to tool quotes and handle all issues relating to product and tool design.
- To liaise with Customer Product Designers as regards all issues relating to product design and tool design.
- To maintain, review and operate to the Quality Management System of the company and to the requirements of the IATF 16949 Standard in relation to Sales and Project management.
- To participate in management meetings when & where required.
- To project manage new tooling programs with toolmakers, designers and engineering.
- To liaise with material suppliers in relation to material pricing, material suitability and functionality.
- To conform with Company rules and regulations laid out in the Employee handbook.
- To liaise with customers on issues concerning mould and tool repair when required.
- To generate progress reports or Gantt charts for customers when required.
- To carry out all administrative duties in relation to Sales and Project Management.
- To co-ordinate all PPAP Level 1,2,3 submissions to customers.
- To generate TTR tool trial reports for tool validation.
- To attend Tool Trials when required.
- To generate all Product Bill of Materials (BOM) using Syspro ERP system.
- To amend and modify BOM’s as and where required.
- To review Cap studies and ISIR data and liaise with tool room to determine corrective actions.
- To attend all new product handover meetings with Production, Operations and Quality when required.
- To attend customer site meetings when required.
Please email us in the first instance at email@example.com with a copy of your CV. Salary will be based on the individual candidates experience for the role.
Back to Vacancies